Working in the social media field is both dynamic and engaging and often implies putting a great effort into crafting the perfect strategies, posts, and content for targeted audiences.
It also means mingling with ideas and collaborating with other specialists to get the best results for the brands.
Whether you are new on business or a social media manager with a lot of experience, attending conferences is a great way to advance your career, exchange ideas, and obtain valuable insights into your fields from experts.
And believe me, there are many marketing conferences around the globe.
In 2022, although international travel is still uncertain, there are still lots of social media conferences you can attend (and most of them are online!).
Below you’ll find a list with the names, dates, locations, and topics of the most important marketing conferences to attend in 2022!
- Social Media Strategies Summit
- Social Talks
- SXSW Conference
- Social Media Marketing World
- Midwest Digital Marketing Conference
- The Social Shake-Up
- Content Marketing World
- Ad World 2022
- B2B Marketing Exchange
- Influencer Marketing World
- Marketing Analytics Summit
- ContentTECH Summit
- Digital Summit Series
- Product Marketing Summit
Social Media Strategies Summit is the #1 event chosen year after year by senior-level marketing professionals to keep up to date on the latest in social media marketing.
- Social Media Strategies Summit (Virtual) – February 23-24, 2022
- Social Media Strategies Summit + Influencer Marketing Conference (Virtual) – June 7-10, 2022
- Social Media Strategies Summit (Virtual) – October 26-27, 2022
Use the code “socialinsider10” to save 10% off registration on any of their 2022 corporate events.
2. Social Talks [June TBD]
Social Talks is a free, virtual social media conference for social media managers powered by Socialinsider.
Find social media marketing topics, talks on client communication, ads strategy, and working with influencers tips to keep you at the top of your game.
In last year’s edition, 15 experts shared their best strategies and tactics for building lifetime audiences for brand and business.
These are some of the last year’s edition speakers:
- Andy Crestodina – co-founder and strategic director at Orbit Media Studios
- Dorien Morin van-Dam – organic social media specialist & strategist at More in Media
- Jenn Herman – social media consultant, speaker, and globally recognized Instagram expert
- Dr. Natalia Wiechowski – speaker, edutainer, and LinkedIn expert
- James Tucker – digital content creator, content marketing strategist, and co-founder at Cruz Creative Media
- Madalyn Sklar – Twitter marketing strategist and social media consultant
- Eve Young – copywriter at Social Chain and host at Social Minds podcast
More details regarding the dates, speakers, and topics are to be determined.
3. SXSW Conference [March 11-20]
Located in Austin, Texas, USA, SXSW Conference will cover many domains and trending topics such as:
- Advertising & Brand Experience
- Civic Engagement
- Climate Change
- Film & TV Industry
- Media Industry, and many others.
If you decide to take part, you’ll be introduced into the ever-evolving worlds of film, culture, music, and technology.
The organizers pledge to give attendees compelling, timely topics from the world’s most inspired thinkers. Among them you can find:
- Dr. Albert Bourla – cfhairman and CEO of Pfizer
- Dario Calmese – artist, urbanist, director, and brand consultan
- Michael Dell – founder, chairman, and CEO of Dell Technologies
- Tyler “Ninja” Blevins – creator, professional gamer, Twitch streamer, and YouTube personality
- Bridget Todd – host of IHeartRadio’s There Are No Girls on the Internet podcast
- Khoi Vinh – senior director of design at Adobe
Note! The fees start from $189 up to $1,370, depending on what you’re interested in. But if you want primary access to all events, you’ll have to pay $1,625 on the Platinum Badge.
Powered by the Social Media Examiner, Social Media Marketing World is a conference for social marketers that will take place in San Diego, California.
The conference will focus on four primary areas of marketing:
- Social strategy: Expert trainers will teach different ways to achieve your objectives.
- Organic social marketing: Covering TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and beyond, this track will help you create more exposure, engagement, and sales.
- Content marketing: This track will help you understand how to use content to grow and nurture a loyal following.
- Paid social marketing: Expert trainers will show you how to capitalize on ads across all the major social platforms.
These are some of the expert trainers who will speak at the conference this year:
- Mari Smith – the Queen of Facebook
- Tamsen Webster – a messaging strategist
- Mark Schaefer – a social futurist and strategist
- Michael Stelzner – the founder of Social Media Examiner
- Tim Schmoyer – leading YouTube strategist
- Marcus Sheridan – a content marketing ninja and speaker
Note! The fees start from $597 up to $1,417, depending on what you’re interested in.
5. Midwest Digital Marketing Conference [September 27-28]
With more than 2,000 attendees around the globe, Midwest Digital Marketing Conference was rated a top marketing conference in 2019 by Forbes.
Free your calendar between September 27-28 and join social media and marketing professionals for both in-person and virtual workshops.
The MDMC Masterclass series will consist of four 2.5 hour workshops that will focus around a specific marketing topic and be taught by industry experts!
Note! Each Masterclass workshop is free to attend both virtually or in-person. However, there are a limited number of spots to attend in-person, so grab your pre-registration now.
6. The Social Shake-Up [June 8-10]
On June 8-10, you have the chance to level up your skills at The Social Shake-Up conference in Atlanta, USA.
The event is one of the greatest opportunities for marketers around the globe to talk seriously about social media and to grow their businesses.
Learn from successful entrepreneurs or social media specialists:
- Tanya Sam – tech investor & real housewife of Atlanta
- Narcis Alikhani – director of marketing for the Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena
- Sarah J. Galvez – social media marketing manager at Social Lab
- Chaia Raibon – senior social lead for Lyft’s Transit, Bikes, and Scooters (TBS) arm
Note! Passes range from $895 (early bird rate), up to $2,945 (early bird rate) for a group of five people.
7. MozCon [July 11-13]
Branded as “Not your typical marketing conference,” MozCon will get you into the most profound journey of search marketing.
If you decide to give it a try, you’ll meet SEO specialists, agencies, content marketers, marketing executives, and all kinds of marketers around the globe.
Who you’ll meet at MozCon:
- Practitioners of SEO and local SEO
- Content marketers
- Marketers of all stripes
- Marketing executives
Grab your ticket to the MozCon that will take place in Seattle, Washington, USA, on July 11-13.
8. Content Marketing World [September 13-16]
Content Marketing World welcomes you to join one of the events from which you can learn from the best in the content marketing community.
With more than 3,000 expected attendees and 225 speakers, you’ll experience workshops presented by leading brand marketers and experts from around the world.
With over 100 sessions, workshops, and industry forums presented by leading brand marketers and experts from around the world, you can customize your experience with tailored sessions.
The event will take place in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, on September 13-16.
Don’t forget to buy a pass. There are many options to choose from.
9. Ad World 2022 [May 2-3]
Ad World is one of the biggest online advertising conferences in the world.
This year, the conference will take place online and more than 10 digital advertising tracks will be streamed that consist of hyper-focused speeches and panels.
Speakers who will address the 50,000+ attendees in 2022 include:
- Kipp Bodnar – CMO of HubSpot
- Seth Godin – marketing visionary
- Brandon Smithwrick – senior content strategist at Squarespace
- Tatiana Holifield – head of brand social at Disney Streaming
- Rand Fishkin – co-Founder & CEO at SparkToro
Note! You can buy tickets as an attendee for $99 (at sale) or as a company for $260 (at sale).
10. B2B Marketing Exchange [February 28 – March 2]
If you work in B2B sales or as a marketing practitioner, the B2B Marketing Exchange (#B2BMX) is an event you don’t want to miss.
The conference will be held in person at The Phoenician, a luxury hotel resort, in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.
The line-up includes five tracks, 80+ sessions, and over 20 case studies.
The tracks will cover cutting-edge approaches to areas like content strategy, sales enablement, and demand generation.
Some of the key speakers of this year’s edition are:
- Marcus Sheridan – author of “They Ask, You Answer”
- Jay Baer – founder at Convince & Convert
- Cheryl Cook – SVP global partner marketing at Dell Technologies
11. Influencer Marketing World [June, September, and November]
Influencer Marketing World is an online conference for the savvy and creative marketer, looking to take their influencer marketing campaigns to the next level.
This year’s edition is set to bring together over 1,000 marketing professionals online, and more than 25 visionary speakers who will be sharing growth opportunities, trends, and engagement techniques within the world of influencer strategies.
There will be three event series:
- London | Business Design Center – June 23-24
- New York | Venue coming soon – September TBD
- Amsterdam | RAI, Hall 10 – November 21-22
Speakers confirmed include:
- Emily Trenouth – head of influencer marketing at MediaCom
- Flora Noble – social media and student partnerships manager at Group GTI
12. Marketing Analytics Summit [March and June]
Marketing Analytics Summit is a conference for digital analysts that will take place both online and in person this year:
- Online – February 28 – March 3
- In person – Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, June 20-23
With a 20-year history in sharing marketing analytics wisdom and 1,595 speakers, Marketing Analytics Summit is a marketing event you don’t want to miss.
Here are some of the virtual workshops that will take place this year:
- Analyst’s guide to Google Analytics 4
- Care and feeding of digital analysts
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence for marketing
13. ContentTECH Summit [March 22-24]
Organized by the Content Marketing Institute, ContentTECH Summit 2022 is a marketing event that promises to teach how to effectively use content and technology to navigate and bring stability to the chaotic and unpredictable marketing world.
The conference’s goal is the movement away from the copy/paste mentality of most marketers, toward a format-free, modular and single-source approach to content creation and distribution.
The event’s goal is to stay ahead of pace for and with industry leaders in an effort to push the entire marketing community forward.
Below are some of the 2022 featured speakers:
- Robert Rose – founder and Chief Strategy Officer of The Content Advisory – the education and advisory group of The Content Marketing Institute
- Christine Morrison – director of product content marketing at Fanatics
- Zontee Hou – founder of Brooklyn-based agency Media Volery and co-lead of consulting for Convince & Convert
14. Digital Summit Series [March – December]
Digital Summit Series will be a mix of virtual, in-person, and hybrid events that will be held in 15+ cities across the USA, including Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Chicago, and more.
More than 20,000 people attend the Digital Summit Series spanning several cities.
The marketing event produces over 1,200+ sessions, workshops, and seminars annually covering digital marketing best practices and tactics.
Below are the topics that this year’s conference will cover:
- Social media
15. Product Marketing Summit [February – November]
Product Marketing Summit will assemble the largest gathering of PMMs from the world’s largest companies and most exciting startups to share Product Marketing success stories, experiences, and challenges of those positioned at the intersection of product, marketing, and sales.
With more than 550 speakers and over 7,000 attendees, this conference will have events in several locations around the world, from London and Amsterdam, to Toronto and Seattle.
Why attend this event?
- Learn – Through interactive sessions, keynotes, and discussions, this conference supports you through your business journey with the tactics, methods, and strategies.
- Discover – Explore the solutions facilitating business growth in fast-moving markets.
- Interact – Harness the power of in-person events, form genuine connections, and create valuable relationships.
Social media conferences have a lot to offer in 2022.
Attend at least one of them, and you will see that the experience will be one that you can rarely find elsewhere.
- Marketing Podcasts You Should Follow This Year
- Social Media Trends for 2022 – 5 Strategies to Use for Maximizing Your Social Media Success
- Social Media Best Practices for 2022 To Enhance Your Social Media Success